Tuesday 21 February 2012

Miu Miu Jewelry 2012 collection


This is the Spring/Summer collection for Miu Miu 2012. I wanted to include this image because I feel it brings the idea that fashion and styles come back round in various trends and they are always adapted and changed. This Miu Miu collection shows the basic Silhouette style of a black figure head on a lighter background but transformed in pieces to wear around the neck and ears. I like this collection as it brings a modern twist by using colourful backgrounds on a Victorian design but also the idea that within the fashion world now fashion is considered art. Fashion is not just putting on a top and trousers but to many it is wearable art. The relevance with my project can be seen in the garments shapes created out of black card to show a variety of mark making. I really wanted to include this in my blog as a contrast to the first post on the Victorian Silhouette and how through time the role of fashion and art have become closer linked.



No comments:

Post a Comment