Monday 13 February 2012

Pattern cutting


I decided to not to focus on one particular artist for this post but instead the idea of pattern cutting. Pattern cutting is the process where all garments will start and multiples can be made from just one pattern. I choose this image as it was a tissue pattern from my creative sketchbook project where my final result was a skirt. I wanted to include pattern cutting as it the idea of outlines of shapes being placed together to form a garment. I like the idea of pattern cutting as it is a simple method which allows for hem allowances and a vairty of sizes but also various garments can be made multiple times from one garment. As I have already stated pattern cutting has been relevant to my work as I have used it for making my pac man 1980 skirt, a final piece for my postmodernism fashion as a variety of other garments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment