Monday 13 February 2012

Three Ballet Dancers, One with a crimson waist, Edgar Degas

Three Ballet Dancers, One with Dark Crimson Waist

For this post I wanted to move away from the idea of silhouette and focus more on outline of figures. I wanted to at an artist who has used a different media to my other posts and I decided to look at Degas's work. Degas focused a lot of his work on capturing the movement and beauty of Ballet dancers. When I study Degas works it is clear to see the shapes the ballet dancers create is graceful and soft compared to other artists work. If you were to remove the image from the page the outline would be very simple yet elegant.  I choose this image in particular because it is focused mainly on one figure and has a simplistic feel to it yet has the elegance of a dancer. I like this image as it is a very soft image with the se of colours and lines yet has edge to it with the black outline Degas has created around the dancer. This image has great relevance to my work as it has the same movement as my textiles work on scale and space where I depicted a jumping man from Yamamota's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment